Coir matting is a 100% biodegradable natural coconut fibre product with an open weave. It is spun and woven for extra strength and will last longer than equivalent jute matting products.
When used with vegetation it is mechanically strong enough to hold slopes together even after heavy rain. Also promotes the growth of new plants and stops the topsoil from drying out and damaging new growth.
Coir matting resists temperature and wind extremes while retaining humidity and reducing soil erosion.
- Landscaping or roadsides
- Natural regeneration sites
- Coastal areas with high winds
- Wetlands and riparian slopes
- Can be fastened with a “u” shaped pin
- Promotes growth of new plants
- Reduces soil erosion
- Retains moisture
- 100% Biodegradable
- Lasts up to five years with optimum seasonal conditions
- Roll size 2 x 25m
- Area covered 50m2
- Thickness Light: 4.27mm Medium: 7.97mm Heavy: 9.12mm
- Flow velocity Light: 2.5m/sec Medium: 3m/sec Heavy: 4.7m/sec
- Tensile strength Light: 1208 x 690kg/m Medium: 1608 x 746kg/m Heavy: 2450 x 990kg/m
- Weight Light: 400gsm Medium: 620gsm Heavy: 900gsm
- Density material Light: 62% Medium: 57% Heavy: 41%