All Stake Supply is committed to supporting the environment and to the continual improvement of its environmental performance, recognising its obligations both locally and globally, to the present and future generations.
We believe that sound environmental management and performance contribute to our competitiveness and benefit our customers, employees, and the wider community. To achieve our environmental goals we are committed:
- To comply with all applicable legal and statutory obligations, corporate requirements and other relevant environmental programs.
- To encourage a sense of environmental responsibility amongst all our relevant stakeholders including, suppliers, employees, and customers, through training, education, and communication.
- To review the environmental impact of our products and to assist to maximise appropriate environmental solutions.
- To conduct business with suppliers and contractors who commit to the values and objectives of environmental sustainability. We are committed to purchasing from saw millers who can provide us with hardwood stakes that are manufactured from recovered timber that would otherwise be put to waste, landfill or wood chip.
- To the continual improvement of our environmental performance through ongoing internal and external reviews and audits.
- To where possible we source international timber that has met the criteria and certification of the PEFC.
What is PEFC?
- PEFC is the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification schemes.
- The PEFC Council is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organisation which promotes sustainably managed forests through independent third party certification.
- PEFC certification assures buyers of wood and paper products that they are promoting the sustainable management of forests.
- PEFC provides compatibility and quality assurance between international forest certification schemes.
- PEFC is one of the largest schemes in the world for certifying sustainable forest management.
What are the PEFC principles?
- No more wood is harvested than is regrown.
- Trees are replanted or naturally regenerated after harvesting.
- Workers’ rights and welfare are protected.
- Local employment is encouraged.
- Indigenous peoples’ and owners’ rights, ie, those who earn their livelihoods from and/or live in the forest, are respected.
- Forests are maintained as habitats for wild animals and plants.
- Functions of forests for the protection of water, soil, and climate are protected.
- The biodiversity of forest ecosystems is conserved.
- The origin of the wood raw material is verified
- MTCC – Malaysian Timber Certification Council
This policy is the cornerstone of our commitment to the environment. It will be communicated to all relevant stakeholders, customers and staff.