Jute Matting is an organic geotextile which aids in weed and erosion control. An environmentally friendly way of protecting young trees and shrubs by reducing competing weeds and the need to use damaging herbicide.
Because the Jute Matting allows both air and water to pass unimpeded through its construction, the soil beneath it can breath, promoting growth of desired plants while reducing evaporation and minimising watering needs.
Jute Matting is the simplest, safest, and most cost effective method of promoting new growth on the worst affected slopes because it enhances water filtration whilst protecting precious topsoils.
- Garden beds
- Landscaping or roadsides
- Revegetating gardens
- Coastal areas with high winds
- Wetlands and riparian slopes
- Weed Control: The thick natural material stops sunlight from promoting weed growth.
- Water Retention: The matting increases water retention which aids the establishment of long term vegetation. It also reduces watering costs.
- Erosion Control: Installing jute matting will suppress weed growth, retain moisture and protect the top soil from eroding.
- Fine Jute Matting has no scrim and is used as a lighter alternative.
- Heavy Jute Matting is used for sand dunes and requires 300mm pins on soft and steep ground.
- Can be fastened with a “U” shaped pin
Fine Weight 2m x 50m(280gsm)
Heavy Weight 1.83m x 25m(620-650gsm)Slitted or non-slitted
Mats 370mm x 370mm (750-800gsm)
Mats 600mm x 600mm (750-800gsm)