BioPin is a 100% biodegradable pin used to anchor erosion control blankets and turf. An Environmentally friendly alternative to wire pins with superior anchoring strength. It is a Polyhrydroxyalkanoate plastic made from naturally occurring plant sugars and vegetable oils.
It is installed using an BioPin Applicator, which is light weight, quick and easy to use.
Available in Boxes of 1000:
100mm (32.5 x 32.5 x 25)
150mm (47.5 x 37.5 x 32.5)
BioPin Applicator fits both staple sizes
- 100% Biodegradable in accordance to ASTM5338 and ASTM5271
- Barbed Shoulders and head for superior holding
- Water resistant and will not soften from moisture during storage
- Environmentally friendly option to wire pins
- Quicker installation process using the BioPin Applicator
- Applicator will install the 100mm and 150mm BioPins
- Light weight and easy to use
- Pinning erosion blankets
- Wetlands and irrigation areas
- Coastal projects
- Gold course construction
- Environmentally sensitive projects
- Turf Pinning
Process of Biodegrdation:
BioPins biodegrade once in the soil from microbial attack between temperatures of 6-80 degrees. This is a surface erosion mechanism which will take approximately 2 years.
*Trade Mark Pending