Landscaping Supplies for Tree Guard Protection5 mins read
When planting trees we need to ensure that the trees we plant are well protected from destruction. Did you know that 50% or more of all newly planted trees rarely make it past 2 years? The reality is that trees are often under attack from bad climate, poor soil and living creatures, humans included. Many factors work to destroy the thousands of trees we plant in our communities each year, including:
- Damage from sidewalk traffic, car doors, bumpers and others
- Damage from bikes that are chained to trees
- Pets digging and relieving themselves in tree pits
- Bad soil and poor water penetration to the roots
- Improper care techniques including neglect and litter
Benefits of Using Tree Guards
Tree guards promote the survival and growth of the trees we plant. These guards can easily be purchased at any landscaping supplies store. They provide a microenvironment for the tree to grow with reducing frost and decreasing wind stress. Tree guards protect young trees from forging animals and herbicides that may be sprayed in the air… The tree gets a chance at survival by establishing healthy roots that will help it develop steadily.
Tree Frames are visible and psychical protection for young trees. Made from timber the frames create a square perimeter around the tree. Tree Frames raises awareness to those around them of the need to be more careful, i.e. to stop harassing trees either by littering or chaining bikes on them. Tree Frames stop the possibility of car doors opening onto the trees or people walking over them. All Stake Supply provides custom build Tree Frames to suit any level of protection and any tree size.
Landscaping Supplies That Protect Trees
There are many landscaping supplies available at your local garden supplies store that you can use to protect plants & trees for revegetation or landscaping applications. At All Stake Supply we have a range of products available including:
Planting, whether in the city or rural areas always comes with its fair share of risks. The good news is that you can increase your tree’s chances of survival by using landscaping supplies and revegetation product that will give them all-round protection. Trees play an integral role in our environment and we need them just as much they need us to survive. Help protect our trees by using tree guards.
Tree Protection & Tree Guard Video Guide
- Long-lasting UV stabilised polyethylene tree guards. The best start for your trees to ensure high survival rates with Growies Tree Guards.
- Tree Guards Feature
- Each guard protects from wind, frost, rabbits and other vermin
- Helps protect from herbicide overspray
- Longer lasting – UV Stabilised
- Increases humidity and light
Spiral Tree Protectors are manufactured as a continuous ‘ribbon’ of PVC, which is then coiled to form a cost-effective guard for slender plants Spirals are wound around the tree and supported using a good quality stake. It will expand as the tree grows and protects it for a minimum of 3 years. A low-cost option for whipper snipper protection for mature trees. To install guard, insert thumb and index finger at one end and push them apart. The bottom will open up, whereas the top will not.
- 50mm x 45cm bundles of 4
- 50mm x 60cm bundles of 4
- Its solid design is suitable for protecting Olive Trees, Vines and Natives from the elements, herbicide drift, vermin and wildlife attack
- Each tree guard is made from a thick UV stabilised rigid plastic for greater longevity and durability
- The guards have no sharp edges to damage the plant
- Only one hardwood or bamboo stake needed for each tree guard
- Welded shut, ready to use
- The guards are made from surplus recycled milk/juice containers, the print pattern may vary.
- Planting (optional) slits on both sides to slide stakes through
- The most economical form of tree guard available
- Two bamboo stakes, 8-10mm x 60cm, are recommended for each tree guard
- 1Lt – 295mm x 70mm, box of 500
- 2Lt – 325mm x 95mm, box of 250
- A strong UV stabilised polypropylene mesh style tree guard the guard comes pre-cut or on a roll
- The 25m roll is used by the National Parks and Wildlife Service as a 1.35m tree guard to protect plants from wallabies and rabbits. It’s popular because it can be cut to size
- Two bamboo (10-12mm x 75cm), hardwood stakes (17 x 17mm x 75cm), or steel fence posts required for each mesh guard
- 450mm x 400mm (laid flat, Mesh Size – 20mm square
- 600mm x 25metres Roll, Mesh Size – 20mm square
- The most common low-cost form of tree guard
- Tree Guards increase the level of carbon dioxide and humidity around the leaves of trees and shrubs, promoting growth while reducing UV levels
- Popular guard because it is re-useable and robust
- Each guard is made from Green UV stabilised virgin polyethylene
- Each guard requires three hardwood or bamboo stakes to support its shape
- We recommend using a Jute Weedmat 370mm x 370mm or 600mm x 600mm and a 10-12mm x 75cm bamboo cane
- Professional presentation for street plantings
- We manufacture to your specifications
- Fancy top and routing available
- We can source any size requirement, including sleepers